More and More people are willing to play their Blu-rays on the protable devices or stream to the home server such as Plex for get the Blu-ray movies playable on the move. This article aim to show you how to rip the Blu-ray to digital format such as MP4, MKV, AVI,WMV,ect.
Why rip Blu-ray to MKV
- MP4 technology has been developed to provide Blu-ray quality audio and pictures in an extremely small file size – ideal for playing on portable MP4 players such as the iPod Video. And by far almost any devices are all support H.264 MPEG-4 video.
- MP4 as “the global multimedia standard, delivering professional-quality audio and video streams over a wide range of bandwidths, from cell phone to broadband and beyond”. They go on to say that “hundreds of researchers around the world contributed to MPEG-4”. That is why even Blu-ray M2TS video format somehow also resembles to MPEG-4 format.
Why rip Blu-ray to MKV
- MKV itself can hold unlimited and any type of audio, video and subtitle streams. It can make you put a complete Blu-ray movie into a single file including various audio, video and subtitle streams as well as menus and chapter structure. You can find everything in a MKV file when ripping and backing up Blu-ray movie to MKV/HD MKV file.
- If you are Windows user, has been updated to Windows 10, it fully support for MKV playback, after finishing Blu-ray rip or backup in MKV/HD MKV, you can play the ripped movies on windows 10 directly. Plus, desktop media player like VLC media player, Media Player Classic, MplayerX; External HDD media player like WD TV series, Porpcorn Hour, Seagate Free Agent can fully support MKV/HD MKV playback.
Why rip Blu-ray to AVI
- AVI files can contain both audio and video data in a file container that allows synchronous audio-with-video playback. Most TVs are support AVI perfectly.
Why rip Blu-ray to WMV
- A file with the WMV file extension is a Windows Media Video file, is part of the Windows Media framework, compressed with one or more of Microsoft’s video compression formats. WMV files use Microsoft’sAdvanced Systems Format (ASF) container format and can be open in the Windows Media Player directly.
How to rip Blu-ray to MP4/MKV/AVI/WMV?
Here, Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper – Rank one of Top 5 Blu-ray Ripping Programs, it not only can convert any commercial Blu-ray to normal popular video format MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, etc smoothly, but also to new video formats H.265 easily. What’s more, it allows you to adjust video resolution and bitrate to decide the output video size on your own in case your mobile phone has no enough storage space.
Meantime, you can backup and rip 2D Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray and standard DVD to SD, High-Definition formats (H.265/HEVC, MKV, MP4, etc.) or even create 3D videos with excellent video/audio quality in fast conversion speed.
Guide: Rip Blu-ray to MP4/MKV/AVI/WMV
Free download, install and run Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper, the trail-before-purchase quick download icon provide here, you can also turn to Brorsoft page for downloading.
Keep in mind that you have download the right version, Mac OS .dmg files cannot be installed on Windows platform – and vice versa.
Step 1. Load your Blu-ray movies
When the interface pops up, click “File” to import Blu-ray movie into the programme. If your movie has several language subtitles, you can choose the one what you want in the “Subtitles”.
Step 2. Choose the output format
In the dropdown list of Format menu, you can find the format you like.
Click on the dropdown menu of “Format” and choose the Common video>MKV(Matroska)Video(*.mkv)/“DivX AVI-Audio Video Interleaved(DivX)(*.avi)”…etc.
You can also choose the “MKV HD Video(*.mkv)”…ect from the HD Video sublist.
Now, you can browse your computer for a better destination folder for this Blu-ray ripper to output your converted movies.
Tip: Before conversion, you can click “Settings” button right besides “Format” and enter “Profile Settings” panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels. If you want to keep 1080p Full HD resolution, set the video size as 1080*1920. Keep in mind the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.
Step 3. Start ripping
Finally, hit the big “Convert” button to start converting Blu-ray to digital MP4/MKV/AVI/WMV format with high quality. When the conversion ends, you will be able to get the result video via tapping the Open button in the main interface. Afterwards, you can just put and play Blu-ray rips anywhere anytime for great enjoyment.