Why you should convert bluray to MKV? then, why convert bluray to MKV with MakeMKV Alternative instead of applying MakeMKV? In this article, we will give you the best answer, conutinue reading
Why you should convert bluray to MKV?
1. MKV stands for “Matroska Video”. Matroska is a container file format, providing support for a huge number of different video, audio and subtitles formats, including any metadata. That means you can combine the whole movie with mixed sound and subtitle tracks, chapters information and movie thumbnail into single file.
2. MKV is open and free. Since no one owns its patents and people can implement it freely, it’s almost supported by every software player and many hardware devices.
3.You can remove unwanted audio tracks and subtitles from MKV. On the contrary, soft and external subtitles can also be added to it. Besides, you can extract the video stream for compression and repack it into MKV files.
MakeMKV Alternative instead of applying MakeMKV?
If you are looking to make digital backups of your favorite Blu-ray movies, you can find few better tools than MakeMKV, a freeware video transcoder that is quick and easy to use, and it is now upgraded to support for latest versions of AACS and BD+. If MKV is only choise, MakeMKV won’t let you down. If not, you will probably have to rip Blu-rays twice to get a needed format since MakeMKV only can convert Blu-ray MKV. If you want MP4, you need to transcode the MKV files to MP4 with Handbrake. This will take much longer for the second conversion even thought ripping Blu-ray discs to MKV is fast with MakeMKV.
1. MakeMKV can’t output rich file formats.
2. MakeMKV does not support to output device preset profile format;
3. MakeMKV lacks the basic editing functions for editing DVD and Blu-ray disc.
MakeMKV Alternative – Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper
However, Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper is able to do all MakeMKV can do for ripping Blu-rays and DVDs.
|* Support any kinds of Blu-ray & DVD movies
* Convert fast while keeping excellent video quality
* Rip Blu-ray/DVD to any popular format with ease
* Provide 150+ video presets for iPad, Apple TV, Android and more
* Backup your Blu-ray and DVD movies with 1:1 orginal quality
* Edit and personalize DVD/Blu-ray instantly
* Support H.265/HEVC output video format
* Support batch conversion
|Supported OS:||Windows10 – Windows XP||Windows 10 vs macOS Sierra|
|macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 – 10.5|
Please turn to Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper Page for full features.
A simply comparison chart here:
|SOFTWARE||MAKEMKV||Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper|
|Rip encrypted or copy-protected DVD|
|Blu-ray Disc/BDMV Folder/ISO Image|
|DVD Disc/Video_TS Folder/IFO/ISO Image|
|Convert DVD to all populat video/audio format|
|Rip DVD to MKV|
|Rip DVD to MP4|
|Rip DVD to AVI|
|Rip DVD to WMV|
|Rip DVD to MOV|
|Rip DVD to H.265|
|Rip DVD to VOB, FLV, AVI, WMV, MP4, 3GP, MPEG, MP3, M4A, AIFF, AC3, WAV, and more.|
|Provide ready presets for different devices|
|Stream DVD movies to iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC and many other devices supported video format, ready presets are provided.|
|Advanced parameter setting|
|You can adjust the output video/audio parameters like frame rate, bit rate, etc. to fit batter with you needs.|
|Advanced parameter setting|
|Split or merge DVD movies, change video visual effects, customize brightness, saturation, volume, add watermarks, subtitles and so forth.|
|Retrieve DVD movies information|
|Easy access for uses to retrieve and embed DVD movie metadata infomation, which includes movie description, director, editor, release date, genre and more.|
|Directly add files to itunes Library after conversion|
|You can add all converted files to iTunes Library afterconversion.|
|Supports ripping multiple files at a time.|
|Select Desired Internal Subtitle Language|
|Enable Force Subtitle Option|
|Add External SRT/ASS/SSA Subtitle|
|Keep 5.1 Dolby Digtial Audio|
|Keep 7.1 Dolby Digtial Plus or DTS Audio|
|Video Editing Features (trim/crop/merge/split/crop/watermark/effect)|
|= supported = unsupported = unknow|
Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper (Windows | Mac) – 39% off – Price:
$55.95 $33.95, is more powerful than MakeMKV. It can perfectly rip Blu-ray to any digital files and create backups of Blu-rays with two ways (entire disc copy and directly main title copy). If you have Blu-rays, no matter for wide streaming or just disc protection, Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper can help you achieve all the goals.