Q: “I use the new PS3 for Blu-ray/DVD playback (locked to region B) and buy movies from the US, but at least 30% of the Blu-ray/DVD movies are region locked. Since there is no option to remove region protection from the PS3, is there a way to remove region code from the disc itself? I heard about “AnyDVD HD”, but I’m not sure if it only removes region protection from rips or original discs too?”
Most of users have been upset about the region different Blu-ray/DVD discs are not supported by your home Blu-ray players, and are seeking for a permanent way to Unlock Blu-ray and DVD Region Code. So, in this tutorial I will share two positive ways to help you play region locked Blu-ray and DVD movies with ease.
Part One: What is Blu-ray/DVD region code?
Following DRM (digital rights management) terms, nearly all commercial DVDs that are sold to have region code, that’s to say only the DVD discs and players are in the same region code can be played smoothly. Below is a color-coded region map for DVDs:
Similar to DVDs, commercial Blu-ray discs are also equipped with region code. These codes are classified alphabetically as Region A, Region B, and Region C. Blu-ray discs that have been manufactured in region A are embedded with region code A, and are therefore only playable with players from region A. The same is applicable for regions B and C. Below is a map showing how Blu-ray region codes are separated and administered by geographic location.
Part Two: How to Remove Blu-ray/DVD discs Region Code with ease?
Solution 1: Use AnyDVD HD
AnyDVD HD is a Windows based application that removes restrictions of DVD and Blu-ray media automatically in the background. It has been update to removes Blu-ray/DVD region code, Sony ARccOS Protection, Macrovision RipGuard, BD+ and other structural prevention and repairs both intentional and unintentional mastering errors.
Just download it and follow it’s official guide to remove Blu-ray/DVD region code with ease.
Solution 2. Best AnyDVD alternative to remove Blu-ray/DVD region code
- Support both Windows / Mac OS: Windows 2003/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10, and Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), El Captain (10.11), macOS Sierra (10.12).
- As Blu-ray/DVD Ripper: Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper can rip any Blu-ray, HD or SD DVD discs to all popular SD and HD (3D) video formats like 4K/1080P/720P H.264/H.265 MP4, MOV, MKV, M4V, WMV, FLV, AVI, 3GP, MPEG and more.
- As Blu-ray/DVD Copier: this program allows you to make physical and digital backup copies of your DVD library. It provides two model for you: Copy DVD Main Movie Only or Backup DVD Whole Structure.
- As Blu-ray/DVD Decrypter: It can remove Blu-ray/DVD region code, CSS, ARccOS, AACS, Macrovision, UOP, REC, Disney X-project DRM, Analog Protection, etc from commericial DVD discs.
- High conversion speed: Grabs the NVIDIA® CUDA and AMD technologies, this DVD ripper lets you convert Blu-ray/ DVD movies in a flash and keep original high video quality.
- Multiple optimized settings for 150+ devices: such as iPhone, iPad , Samsung Galaxy phones, Windows Phone, TVs, PS4/3, Xbox One S and many more.
- As movies editor: you can trim, crop, adjust video effects, and more to get the desired videos.
Here Windows Blu-ray Ripper screenshot taken as example, Mac share the same steps besides the tiny difference in interface.
Step 1. Load Blu-ray/ DVD movies.
Run the Blu-ray Ripper, then click the disc like button to load your Blu-ray/DVD disc. The Blu-ray/DVD titles and chapters will be listed on the program within a few seconds.
Step 2. Select output format
Select an proper format i.g. H.264 .mp4, it is compatible with almost devices and media players.
Basically the “Common Video -> H.264 Video (*.mp4)” is just all right.
Or you can choose a suitable video format from catalogues according to your device.
Step 3. Start to remove region code
When all the settings are OK, click “Convert” button to remove Blu-ray or DVD region code automatically (no extra steps or options you need do, bypass region code is automaticlly when you start the conversion).
When the conversion is over, click “open” to locate the ripped Blu-ray/DVD movies without region code.
Then you can copy them to a USB Drive or home sever for playback smoothly.
You may be interested in this program:
Do it all – Convert, Edit Video and Rip, Backup Blu-ray and DVD movies, 250+ formats, Ultra-Fast encoding speed, ZERO quality loss!
And you can also use Video convert ultimate to convert Blu-ray/DVD or ISO file to H.264 MP4 for Plex Media Server at ease.
More Tech Tips
|Copy/Backup DVD||Copy/Backup Blu-ray|
|Copy DVD Main Movie Only
Backup DVD Whole Structure
|Copy Blu-ray Main Movie Only
Backup Blu-ray Whole Structure