The following article will provide you the best MPC-HC alternative player that supports various media formats without third party codec plugins.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema poses a lot of fans due to its ease of use, simple installation, and powerful features. This program packs a lot of features, including codecs for viewing DVD discs, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG 4 and x.264 movie files, MP3 and Ogg files. It can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures (if installed on the computer) to play their native files. However, it’s only available for Windows systerm, and has its own disadvantages.
- There’s about a half dozen screens to step through in installation process.
- The player’s interface is a little awkward. To open a file you don’t get a standard browser window, but a list of recently opened files in drop-down format along with a Browse button that then offers an Explorer window.
- By default the player always opens with the sound turned off, and an icon has to be clicked to activate audio.
- The player crashed a few times on larger files.
- The Stop button resets to the beginning of the video instead of holding the current location like most players do.
- Navigation back and forth in a video file also seemed slower than some competing products.
That’s why you need the best MPC-HC alternative. Here the best Media Player Classic Home Cinema alternative for Windows 10-Brorsoft 8K Video Player (Mac version) is highly recommended for you. The best media player can handle a huge variety of audio and video formats, without the need to download additional codecs for the more esoteric file types you sometimes encounter online.
Overall, it can not only play common videos like MP4, MTS, MXF, MOV, MKV, AVI, H.265 .etc in 4K or 8K resolution, but also supports region lockded Blu-ray/DVD/ISO files. Meanwhile, it offers some additional features besides playback function such as making gif, adding bookmark, recording video screen, taking snapshot, looping video, and so on.
Download and run the software; click “Playback” button to choose videos you wanna play.
Tip: To play ISO file, a virtual drive should be installed on your computer in advanced. Launch the virtual drive and load the ISO file, then you can operate the same way as playing Blu-ray disc.
Brorsoft 8K Video Player is more than a video and music player for Windows 10 or macOS High Sierra, it also works as a video editing tool. It shoud be considered as the best Media Player Classic Home Cinema alternative for both Windows and Mac users.